Monday, June 30, 2014

About Me

I like to think that I am a semi-interesting person, though some may beg to differ. I love going for hikes, kayaking, hunting, golfing...pretty much anything outdoors.  I crochet too!





I am a middle school ESL Science teacher at a school in Pawtucket. I attended the University of Rhode Island for my undergraduate degrees and am completing my post graduate degree at Rhode Island College. 
I have two older sisters that drive me nuts, but  I love more than anything. We are each 18 months apart and sometimes I feel like we might as well have been triplets. We annoy the bananas out of each other but they are the only two people in the world that really make me laugh until I cry. 
I love movies like Bridesmaids,  The Labyrinth. I watch Law and Order SVU like a junky, and am also a HUGE fan of Sex in the City. Since getting Netflix though, I must admit that I really miss reruns of The Golden Girls.
 I also really wish that Netflix included more of my favorite old TV shows like Alf, Mork and Mindy, The Carol Burnett Show, and Fraggle Rock.
I try to stay healthy and convince myself that red wine is one of the major healthy food groups that should be consumed every day.

Teaching is the last thing that I expected to be doing as a career, but I could not be happier. I see myself in a lot of my students. They too have the fine-tuned skilled of driving me batty, but make me laugh in equal quantities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment